Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A birthday and a twin baby shower!

The first picture is Vanilla/vanilla with cutsie hot pink fondant daisies.
The second picture is Lemon/lemon with a raspberry jam center. The cupcakes say "Welcome Jenn & John's little tigers".
With every cake or cupcake order I fill, i learn something new.  Sometimes it's a huge lesson, like never leave a cake cooling unattended because someone WILL eat it thinking it's "extra".  Other lessons are small. With these orders I learned that some things are just uncontrollable. These were delivered in a torrential down pour, and while on my way to the second delivery, another car was impatient with my slow- i got a bunch of friggen cakes in my car- driving and decided to go around me, cutting me off and forcing me to slam the brakes. The cupcakes survived with minor smudges but it was heartbreaking to me. The client was very gracious but I couldn't help but feel slightly defeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment